What is the course about?
Islington, in partnership with local tech co-op Outlandish, is delivering bespoke digital skills training to Islington residents over 19. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to change their career or just become more confident using digital tools and programs. You needn’t be planning to get a career in the tech industry, you just need to be open to learning something new on a computer. We’ll be able to support you to learn more about graphic design, UX, document creation and management, social media management, product development and much more.
What will the course cover?
As part of this offer, you will get a one-to-one skills assessment, where we seek to understand your existing level and your ambitions with regard to digital skills. After that, we’ll help you build a bespoke learning programme, using free tools and tutorials online that you can complete in your own time or at one of our group sessions. We’ll be available to help you if you get stuck, and afterwards we will be able to sign post you to additional resources and providers in the tech sector.
How will I be taught?
• Initial one-to-one assessment
• A bespoke learning plan based on your skills and ambitions
• One-to-one support with one of our coaches, to support you through tutorials
• Weekly small-group learning sessions which you can attend in-person or remotely
What will I need?
• You will need access to a computer with an internet connection
What can I expect to go on to after this course?
• Gain confidence using digital tools
• Gain career direction through group learning and speaking to people who work in the digital sector
• Progress as far as you want and as quickly as you are able
• Better career opportunities or more confidence in your existing role